Sunday 22 December 2013

Lakmé Eyeconic Curling Mascara Review

When I stepped into the shop to purchase my Lakmé Eyeconic Kajal, the salesperson dangled the Lakmé Eyeconic Mascara in front of me too. And how could I resist? There it was, looking all slim and sleek and pretty. Not to mention affordable. So I convinced myself that I was looking to buy a mascara anyway, and I'd heard great things about this product, so sooner or later I was definitely going to buy it, and I ended up purchasing this as well. (You know how your brain sometimes seems to team up with the salesperson and starts convincing you why you absolutely need to purchase that new dress/bag/pair of shoes and how your life will be incomplete without it? I hate it when my brain does that and the salesperson looks at you with that smug knowing smile, confident he's won the battle!)


What Lakmé Claims: The Lakmé Eyeconic Curling Mascara gives volume to your lashes every day. Its smart curl brush gives the perfect curve for well defined eyes. Light and easy to remove, its moisturizer keeps lashes smooth. Pair the Eyeconic Kajal with Eyeconic Curling Mascara for excellent results.

















Price: Rs. 250 for 9 ml

Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of packing 

Like the kajal, this mascara too comes in the same stunning black and teal colours. It also has the same detailed instructions - on usage and removal, but again, it fails to mention its list of ingredients. 
The mascara tube is slim and fancy. The wand applicator is long and curved or bent to help curl the lashes. I found the mascara very easy to apply on the upper lashes especially due to the curved brush. However, I was struggling to apply it on the lower lashes and the curl brush did not help at all. (Tip: Since the lower lashes are quite small, it takes a while to master the technique of applying mascara without getting it all over your under eye area. And since mascara is usually applied after most other makeup, not getting it right is the last thing you want. Hold a business card under your lower lashes to avoid getting the mascara on our face while applying.) 
 
A single swipe was enough to get that intense black finish. It did clump a bit, but ever so slightly, and I didn't have much of an issue with this. I read a couple of reviews where people found that it took some time to dry, but I did not face any such problems. It dried pretty quickly. It gave a lovely lengthening effect to my lashes and true to its claims, it curled my lashes pretty well. The effect lasted for a good 11.5-12 hours without wearing off. I was incredibly impressed!
Not being waterproof, it was very easy to wash off the mascara. The packaging instructs the use of Lakmé Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover to remove the mascara, but a makeup remover was not required at all.

Had my review ended here, I would be recommending this wonder product to everyone. However, sometimes, while removing the mascara I've noticed lash fall. It doesn't happen every time, and mostly it's just a single lash (though there was one time when five came off! I was absolutely horrified!), but I'm always very careful while taking the mascara off, especially since I use water. So, I'm sure that it's not me who's pulling the lashes out. The product probably contains something that's making my lashes weak and brittle. I also came across another review where the person was facing the same problem. This makes what would otherwise have been a fantastic product an absolute no-no for me.

To summarize:
Pros:
  • Beautiful packaging, convenient to carry
  • Curved wand facilitates easy application
  • Affordably priced
  • Single swipe required
  • Quick to dry
  • Curls lashes well
  • Incredibly long lasting
  • Lengthens lashes
  • Comes off easily with water
  • Good shelf life
Cons:
  • Lash fall!
  • Missing ingredients list
  • Difficult to apply on lower lashes due to the curved wand
  • Slight clumping
  • Not waterproof
  • Doesn't add any volume to lashes
 
My Verdict: N/A (I don't think any sort of rating would persuade anyone to buy a product which will contribute to lash fall, right?)

Will I purchase it again? This mascara delivers on all of it's promises, and also something it doesn't mention on the package - lash fall! Like I said, had it not been for the lash fall, this would have been my go-to mascara. But I already face hairfall problems, I don't want to add lash fall to the list. Apart from that one review I mentioned earlier, I haven't come across any other people complaining of this problem. So maybe it's just me; maybe I have ultra delicate lashes. I would recommend giving it a go - it is quite affordable so there wouldn't be much harm done. If it works for you, nothing like it! As for me, obviously, I won't be re-purchasing. After all, I do need lashes to review other mascaras, don't I? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )