Sunday 25 May 2014

Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Oil-Free Moisturizer: Review

 Rs. 225 for 80 ml

Shelf Life: 3 years

Lotus - "Plant derived Alpha Hydroxy extracts present in this light oil-free moisturizer replenish moisture, provide a vibrant smooth complexion and reveal fresh newer skin. The complexion is rejuvenated into looking and feeling younger."

This moisturizer completes my Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing routine. I was on the lookout for a moisturizer which would ensure that my combination skin doesn't dry out due to my excessive love for face washes in the Summer; while not making my skin to oily either. Does that even make sense? The SA shoved this at me and told me this was what I was looking for. A little bit of persuasiveness from her, the words "light" and "oil-free" in the description; and I had to try it!

Why I adore it:
*  It really is light weight and oil free. On application; it seeps into the skin in a matter of seconds and there's no oily sticky feeling at all after that!
*  It moisturizes pretty well. If you're looking for light moisturization, a single pump of the product will suffice for the face and neck; if you're looking to moisturize certain dry patches, apply a bit more to that area and you'll see the difference in a while!
*  I love the pump dispenser! It lets out the exact quantity of the product required (1-2 pumps at the most) and avoids wastage.
*  It's suitable for summer and winters. All you have to do is increase the quantity a bit in winters.
*  The fragrance is oh-so-wonderful! 
*  It contains some yummy ingredients - almond oil, grape extract, aloevera.

Room for improvement:
*  Though I love this moisturizer, every product always has room for improvement. For starters; the bottle isn't see-through. It's a problem knowing when the product is getting over.
*  At the risk of sounding like I'm crying about the same thing over and over - parabens...this one has them too! When I pointed this out to the SA (who kept telling me how "natural" Lotus products are), she said all products today have them. She was right; but when your brand has the word "Herbals" attached to it, we expect a little more from you. I know I've repeated it over and over, but I'm hoping someone over at Lotus will finally hear me.
*  No SPF. Again, a bit of a disappointment; as I prefer having my moisturizers with SPF in them.
*  Though the moisturizer is oil free (and like I said at the start of my CTM posts - I have noticed lesser oil secretion due to this routine); I find that after a while, my face does become quite oily (it becomes oilier when I use this moisturizer before stepping out of my house as compared to when I don't use a moisturizer at all).
*  Dry skinned beauties might need something more moisturizing especially in winters.

My Verdict: 9.5/10

Will I repurchase it? Yes, yes, yes! It's the perfect moisturizer for the night (except for the parabens of course), and I recommend it to everyone with combination to oily skin. It's a must try!

More Details:
Ingredients: Water, Almond Oil, Glycerin Mono Hydroxy Stearate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Light Liquid Paraffin, Vitis Vinifera (Grapes) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Milk Enzymes, Sodium Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Ceto Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )