Sunday 18 May 2014

Maybelline Lip Smooth Color Bloom: Review

 Rs. 125 for 1.7g 

Shelf Life: 3 years


Maybelline – “Discover creamy white balm that blossoms on contact with lips to create your own made to measure sensationally sheer pink/peach color. Lips look instantly revived, fresh and so healthy! Enriched with pro Vitamin E, known as instant natural anti-oxidant and Jojoba oil, lips are continuously nourished making them so soft, smooth and naturally gorgeous.” 

Sounds tempting, doesn't it? It looked tempting too. Which is why I picked this lip balm up in the haul I had covered. It has become my absolute favorite since then. Every morning before I leave for work, I'll find myself invariably reaching for this balm. It has replaced the tons of other lip balms I'd been alternating between. Why, you ask? Read on… 

*  The lip balm adapts to each person’s lips to create a unique color. How cool is that?! 
 It moisturizes the lips gently and doesn't cause flakiness unlike some other lip balms I've tried. 
*  The lip balm comes in 2 gorgeous colours – pink blossom and peach blossom. They sound so cute and tempting! I had picked up the peach blossom; but after getting so impressed with it, I headed back for the pink blossom too (Needless to say, my shopping ban isn't working out so well). 
*  It contains SPF 16. Perfect for the hot Mumbai summers. Yay! 
*  It's travel friendly and hassle free.
*  It feels extremely light on the lips.
*  Contains few attractive ingredients (Blueberry extracts).
*  One swipe will give you gently tinted lips, but you can layer it on for more colour.
*  I love it <3

If I absolutely had to pick faults:
*  Using it with other lipsticks may be a bit of an issue since they do have their own colour. I'm sure though that a single swipe (especially of peach blossom) won't really do any damage to your lip colour.
*  May not be a great option for those with extremely dry and chapped lips. I'd call it more of a summer balm.
*  The subtle colour might not show up properly on highly pigmented lips.

My Verdict: 9.75/10

Will I repurchase it? I already did. And I'll do so again :D

More details:
Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ozokerite Petrolatum, Diisostearyl Malate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Polyethylenr Ceresin, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil/Safflower Seed Oil, Hydrated Silica, Aluminium Hydroxide, Irvingia Gabonensis Kernal Butter, Tribehenin, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Luffa Cylindrica/Luffa Cylindrica Seed Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Parfum/Fragrance [+/- May contain Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 45380 / Red 21, Cl 19140

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )