Saturday 26 July 2014

Review: Clean & Clear morning energy facewashes

The last time I wrote about Clean & Clear, my review was pretty disastrous. I was just extremely disappointed in what I thought was a good inexpensive brand. I was a little suspicious of the tiny morning energy face washes in the stores, but on seeing Cynthia from my favourite beauty blog Indian Vanity Case rave about what looked like something similar, I was curious to see if they were any good and if maybe I'd dismissed the brand too quickly.

Clean & Clear morning energy face wash with energizing lemon

Rs. 55 for 50 ml


Clean & Clear - "Energize your tired looking skin with this gentle face wash which has BURSTING BEADS that burst with energy and Vitamin C-rich lemon extract. Gives you a burst of morning energy anytime of the day. The rich foam thoroughly removes oil and dirt. It has special ingredients that help prevent common skin problems, without over-drying. Leaves skin feeling clean, clear and beautiful everyday.
  • Oil free
  • Won't clog pores"
Other Variants:  Brightening Berry and Purifying Green Apple.

I hate getting up in the morning. I'm sure most other people do too. Why would anyone want to be dragged away from their comfy beds for another boring day at work? Sleeping in is so much more fun! Unfortunately, the person who invented the concept of work clearly wasn't a very fun person at all! So since I hate getting up, remaining awake is always a task for me. I've tried all the usual tricks - coffee, a hot shower, even standing up - but invariably I'll find my eyelids drooping and my head swaying in drowsiness before I jerk awake again. In comes Clean & Clear to give me that much required morning energy. But does it work or fail like all other traditional methods? Find out!

What I Liked About it:
  • True to it's word, that face wash actually does energize in the mornings. I thought the entire idea was ridiculous - How can a face wash wake me up when even a smack on the head can't? - but there's something extremely refreshing about the fragrant lemon that just wakes your senses in one whiff! Did I mention that I absolutely love lemons?
  • It's oil free and doesn't clog pores. Seems like it's been personally made for my oily skin!
  • It removes oil and dirt well. It probably won't deep cleanse or remove tough makeup, but this face wash is already doing so much so well, I can't really complain.
  • Skin does not feel dry after use - so this can be used by all skin types.
  • It's pretty inexpensive, and a tiny drop is required for every wash, so it'll last a while.
  • The bottle itself is tiny and super cute. However, it did open out and leak a bit in my bag once so it's not the most travel-friendly.


What I did not Like:
  • I'm thinking hard here, but I really cannot think of anything wrong with the product. I absolutely adore the lemon variant. I don't think the bursting beads really do anything much, but it's super fun to burst them :D
  • The berry version has a very strong synthetic smell which I did not like. I don't know whether it actually brightens - I could not bring myself to use it more than once. If you ever want a yum berry smelling face wash I would recommend using Lakmé Clean Up Nourishing Glow Face wash, just for the amazing strawberry fragrance. I will use more of the brightening berry later and update this post. The green apple I did not purchase because I don't think I'll like the smell of that either. Just personal preference though.
  • There's no listing of ingredients mentioned on the bottle.
My Verdict: 8.5/10
Will I Repurchase it? The lemon version? Absolutely! Definitely not the berry one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi crisanda, i just came across ur blog accidentally and what a wonderful blog this is. I love it ! :) love the way you write too . :D
    Clean n clear helped me a lot. im using their facewash and oil free moisturizer for 2 yrs and they work great ! i have super sensitive skin, so thats' saying something. have you tried it ?
    Anyway, i have read many of your posts but im sorry i cant comment on them, im a tad bit busy these days.
    But do keep up your lovely work ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Do post little notes. They make my day! : )